Thursday, November 3, 2011

LUNETA TRIP


CHOOCHOO!

We had a trip from Luneta to Intramuros to observe the structures there. The first structure that we checked was the Luneta Hotel

I think the style of the Luneta Hotel is Baroque because of the pattern of the windows first is an arch then a window with a pediment on top of it and mixed with Renaissance because it has too many arches and there are gargoyles.

Next stop was Luneta park

There are still people visiting the Luneta park/Rizal Park to unwind, couples that are dating just spending time together.

While taking a walk there we saw a pile of booths there lined up selling toys, balloons and foods. We saw a cute balloon the designs were angry birds, dora the explorer, hello kitty and etc. but the price was too high even if "tumawad kami" the saleslady didn't gave the price we wanted so we moved to the other booth.

The guy said that balloon is P55 I talked to him I said that "we will buy two so can you give it for only P40" he said okay but we only bought one for only P40 hahaha.
While walking we saw a very big clock so we took pictures of it and Paul took a picture for me.

I don't know if I'm going to laugh or what because of this picture I didn't know what came to my mind haha.
Next stop was Intramuros. I took pictures of the structures there while walking

This building didn't look right. I think that the ionic colums of that structure is wrong.



San Agustin Church
I only had the chance to take a picture of the exterior of the church because it was closed. I think the style of the church is Baroque architecture. The color of the church is orange and I think that the priest who wanted the color is kind of childish or immature because the meaning of that color is immature.

this is the entrance of the church.

They used doric and corinthean columns.

The LAST STOP was Manila Cathedral

that was the best place of the trip we've been to for me and i am sure that Manila Cathedral style is Gothic architecture it has a very thick wall but it has a mix of Rococo because there is a garden beside the church

They used rib vault and there are chandeliers that made the church elegant inside.

I couldn't get a picture of the rose window because it was too dark and it would be disrespectful if I put a flash while people are praying solemnly.

No comments:

Post a Comment